Whole snapper with garlic and ginger
- 8kg whole snapper, cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thickly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- Step 1
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with sides with foil, then baking paper.
- Step 2
Wash fish under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place on prepared tray.
- Step 3
Sprinkle garlic and ginger over fish. Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine and oil in a jug. Pour over fish. Cover tray tightly with foil. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until fsh fakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a warmed serving platter. Sprinkle with onion, chilli and coriander sprigs. Serve.